Friday 22 March 2013

Conversations with Myself

 This is not a conventional recreational activity, in fact most people are discouraged from talking to themselves.  The thought of talking to yourself, this simple idea is so judged, but yet it is so inherent in the way we live.  Is not every thought you have a conversation with yourself?  

Remember the days when you use to believe in the power of imagination?  Those friends and those memories, all theoretical, all thoughts, but so alive and real within the limitless world of your mind.  Is it madness? Is it truth? Is it madness to think that everything you need to discover the truth is locked within you? 

One of my teachers spoke to us about our studying techniques.  She told us that we already knew what we had to know, the problem was retrieving that information and communicating it correctly when it was required of us.  Then again, how would you know, what you do know if you never asked yourself what you did not know you knew about?

As crazy as this sounds, I find conversations with myself to be quite entertaining.  In fact I have found myself to be quite humorous, sometimes strange, but it helps me process everything the world bombards me with and makes me more perceptive.  You should try it, you might feel lighter, sometimes heavier but always more sure of what you know.

One of my conversations: #689524731

Me:  What do you prefer? Vampires or zombies?
Me: Why are we having this conversation?
Me: Well, vampires drink blood and zombies eat brains, so decide, do you want to lose your brain or your blood?
Me: Vampires are less creepy, no wait I can't tell the difference.  They are equally creepy.
Me: I'd choose vampires; only because there are blood banks.  I would have chosen zombies, but there aren't any brain banks.
Me: That makes sense, this is a crazy conversation, but it still makes sense. 










No comments:

Post a Comment